Monday 13 January 2014

American Hustle


I went to see American Hustle yesterday and have to say that I was rather impressed.

It follows the story of a 1970's conman, Irving Rosenfeld (played by Christian Bale) and his assistant/colleague/mistress Sydney Prosser (Amy Adams, who appears in some of the lowest v-necks I have ever seen, sans bra, throughout the film) as they are forced to work for FBI agent Richie DiMaso (Bradley Cooper) as they try to take down corrupt politicians and event the Mafia...

Also featured is Irving's depressed wife (Jennifer Lawrence) who adds some much needed humour to the film, as it could have all got a bit heavy without her.

I would seriously recommend this film, but I would warn you that it's not one you can just have on in the background. You need to pay attention otherwise you will get to the end and just think "What?"

If you used to watch Hustle on BBC (and if not, buy the boxset on Amazon NOW) you will love this film, it's like an extended, American version.

It's good, trust me.

1 comment:

  1. I get to see this soon and I can't wait! I love the combination of actors/actresses. Ahh I hope I like it. xxx

    ReplyDelete