Thursday 22 August 2013

Back to school shopping

August is quickly running out and before I know it I will be back at school again for the final time ever.

It's funny, even though I left school last year to start sixth form, I never really felt as though I left school because I'm still very much in a school environment: although I am no longer forced to wear a blazer, I am still surrounded by the lower school that do have to suffer such burdens, I still call all my teachers "Miss" and "Sir" and my day still begins at 9am and finishes at 3:30pm (however these days there is often a skive to the local shop slotted somewhere inbetween)

So the thought of going "back to school" for the final time is rather a daunting one, because this time next year I will be looking at all the "back to uni" ranges in shops, and in addition to folders and pens and new clothes, I will be looking at bedding, irons and kettles. It's all a very exciting prospect, and seeing at the Year 13's go off to university this year has only made me want it more, there is just the small matter of my A2 exams before I get there.

One of the best things about going to a sixth form that doesn't require a uniform is that I no longer have to suffer the traditional "back to school shop" which used to entail me and my mum walking around Bhs trying to find some trousers that fit and five matching white shirts with a top button fastening. Instead, we get to walk around the clothes shops that I actually like, and buy a few basics so that I have a few new things to go back in.





The jeans are from H! by Henry Holland at Debenhams, the jumpers are from Red Herring at Debenhams and the T-shirt is from Next. 

I only realised the distinct star-theme after I'd bought the clothes, I assure you that it was completely accidental. I love the subtle print on the jeans, and the jumpers are unbelievably soft and cuddly and so they should make the grim walks up to the bus stop on dark mornings bearable. The striped t-shirt isn't something I would usually go for but I really like the colour and think it will be a great layering piece in the autumn months coming up.

It's still August and I've already got the back to school blues, can't I have another month of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment