Saturday 12 May 2012

Today is the first day of the rest of your life


Yesterday was the day that I have been waiting excitedly for since September last year, because as of yesterday, I am on study leave. It doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me, why everyone's making a huge fuss of us leaving when we still have to go in for our exams - I will not consider myself to be fully finished at the school until October when I go to collect my art coursework, because then I will never be obliged to enter that building again. 
I don't like school, I never really have, and I think this surprises some people because I'm such a nerd - I always do my homework and wear my uniform and have never even had a detention, but I still don't like school. I don't like waking up at 6:30am, I don't like being forced to learn things that will be forgotten after the exam, I don't like my 100% polyester blazer (stylish) and I don't like how people that have been in my class for four years still don't know my name. 
Oh dear - that all went a bit grim there, didn't it? 
Me and my friends decided to celebrate study leave with a good old fashioned revision session; just kidding. Amy threw a house party, and after a frequently interrupted four hour "sleep" in my clothes, it's needless to say that I am not looking all too dapper this afternoon. 
I have also decided that I need to download some of The Verve, after listening to someone playing one of their CDs last night - I liked what I heard. Actually, the entire soundtrack to the night was pretty top notch; my iPod seriously needs updating.


No comments:

Post a Comment