Friday 17 February 2012

Prom dresses!

Yesterday was a great day, because Mum got in from work and took me to a prom dress shop!


It was only a small local place, so I wasn't too optimistic about going, I thought that it would help me get a better idea of what I want, but I didn't think I'd find my dress. The shop had apparently been very busy, because of it being half term so a lot of girls were going prom dress shopping with their mums, but me and my mum had the shop to ourselves, which was really lovely because there was only one changing room and getting in and out of those dresses can be pretty time-consuming!
Firstly, I tried on a gorgeous dark blue fishtail number, it turned out to be too small and because of the fishtail shape, it was really quite difficult to walk in. The colour was gorgeous though, so the idea of a navy dress was planted further into my mind...
Then, I tried on a green dress. It had lacing up the back, and was a really cool olive colour that also shimmered a shade of brown, it had a sweetheart neckline and was strapless, with some gems along the top. Down on my hip was another swirl of sequins and beads... that was it. The dress.
I tried on a couple of other designs - an interesting dark red dress with more sparkle and the skirt was made up of petal shaped pieces of fabric, it was really nice, but the colour of it just didn't go as well with my pale skin and ginger hair as the olive dress. And finally, I tried on a yellow dress - the bodice on it was beautiful, but only someone with a nice tan and dark hair could have shown off that dress to it's full potential - and with the name of this blog being Moonkissed - I think you know that I wasn't the person to wear that dress.
So, I put the green dress back on, with high bridal shoes and I tucked in my bra straps to make myself look slightly more elegant. I loved it. I still love it. I didn't want to take it off!
I'm sorry that I don't have a picture to show you - maybe I will have when I go for my next fitting, as it was about six inches too long for me, even with heels on!



No comments:

Post a Comment